A scene of people with various disabilities gathered around a blue lake, enjoying their home, community, the out-of-doors, health, recreation, housing, transportation and education with an accessible path for them to a high mountain and large yellow sun on the horizon.  New Horizons Un-Limited Inc.

Community and Internet Resources

Community: Family Resources: Disability Specific: Cerebral Palsy

Community: Family Resources: Disability Specific: Cerebral Palsy offers family resources for children and adults with cerebral palsy disabilities, their families and caregivers. For Family Resources for general or all disabilities, visit Community: Family Resources .
New Horizons Un-limited is not endorsing and assumes no responsibility in guaranteeing the products, services, programs or conditions as described. If you are interested in a resource listed below, call or contact the resource to verify the current situation. Evaluate the information, analyze your unique circumstances, use your best judgment and make your own decisions when using the information. Before making any change, consult your health care professional.

State Listings:   AK / WI    (Official USPS State Abbreviations)

State Listings


LINKS Mat-Su Parent Resource Center is a non-profit agency dedicated to providing information, support, and assistance to parents of children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. The Agency provides support and education, parent-to-parent connections, parent mentors, information and referral, and access to library materials. Services are provided through one-on-one assistance and individualized workshops for small or large groups. For more information, visit their website or call (907) 373-3632.


Easter Seals Wisconsin offers a range of services to families of people with disabilities. Among them is their Respite Camp, which offers weekend or week-long camps for children and adults with mild to severe physical or cognitive disabilities. Their camp welcomes those who are often turned away by other programs due to requiring more individual attention. The Wisconsin Elks/Easter Seals Respite Camp is a fully accessible facility on 400 acres located near Wisconsin Dells, WI. Campers are matched one-on-one with a trained counselor in order to provide the best possible care. Medical care is provided by a nurse, who is on site 24 hours a day. If you need a break, the Respite camp is a great option. Easter Seals Wisconsin subsidizes about 40% of the actual cost for an individual to attend Respite Camp. (Actual costs are $625 for weekend sessions and $1,345 for a one week session). The remaining 60% must be provided by the camper or secured through other sources. To learn more, call (800) 422-2324 (toll-free), (608) 277-8031 (TTY).

Family Friends is a program offered by the Coalition of Wisconsin Aging Groups (CWAG) in collaboration with United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) of Southeastern Wisconsin. It is a unique intergenerational program offering older adults the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children with special needs. The project pairs trained volunteers, aged 55 and older, with families who are caring for a child with a disability. The volunteer provides the family with support by sharing skills, by lending an ear and by simply offering a caring presence. If you are interested in getting involved with such a program, contact Becky Hipp, Project Director of the Family Friends program at (414) 329-4500.

For more on the topic of Cerebral Palsy

If you have questions or ideas, information and solutions that you would like to share with us, you may contact us by e-mail at: horizons@new-horizons.org or to use our NHU E-Mail Form or NHU Community Forum, click on the links below.
Homepage icon Home  / Disability News  / NHU Quarterly Newsletter
Share Your Knowledge!  / NHU Community Forum  / Contact Us
About NHU  / Announcements and Features  / Contribute  /  What's New?  /  Site Plan

 Copyright 2009 New Horizons Un-Limited Inc.  
[Updated September 30, 2009]
NHU has no liability for content or goods on the Internet.