NHU Community Forum and Topic Discussion BoardsTweet
Welcome! Use this link to GO NOW to the
Scroll down to find out more about the NHU Community Forum, how to become a member, post messages, instant message and find out about the many other features of the NHU Community Forum.
When we are faced with a challenge in life, we usually reach out to those around us, our friends, family, and neighbors, for help, advice, or insight. This is what our community has to offer us.
Our NHU Community Forum is filled with people who may have shared similar experiences as you. Reading their stories may assist you. Our NHU Community Forum offers a comprehensive group of Topic Discussion Boards that provide an on-line community to you!
- Do you have questions to ask the NHU Community?
- Do you have ideas, stories, information or personal experiences to share with your NHU Community?
Share your knowledge and become a friend to others!
Anyone may view the NHU Community Forum. However, to post messages or use any of the features of the NHU Community Forum and Topic Discussion Boards, you must be a member and register.
We encourage you to join others in the fun!
Important! To become a member of the forum, before you register, you must submit the NHU Community Pre-registration Form
To learn how to register, go to Join Now!
Registered users - - Go Now to NHU Community Forum!
To begin, here is a list of the Main Categories on the NHU Community Forum. Each forum has many topic discussion boards and subject messages currently posted. The links will take you to the top of the main board of the forum. Once there, you will need to scroll down to find the categories. OR to find a comprehensive list of topics on the Forum, visit our NHU Forum Site Plan.
- Get Started!
- -- Introduce yourself, Share what's on YOUR mind!
- Create a Network of Friends
-- Find new friends, have fun communicating with others!
- Share Your Expriences/Inspiration
- -- Poems, quotes, stories, art, songs, successes, failures, mistakes, learning, purpose, peace and awareness!
- Share Your Knowledge, Information and Resources
- -- Post a topic question, start a discussion, pass along great links, a good book, or share a resource or a great adaptive device.
- Family Support Group/Life Planning/
- -- People helping people! How did you do it? Take a little, give a little. Although we all want to find our own way, you may be able to help others from what you have learned! No one needs to feel they are alone!
- Tell Us What You Think!
- -- What's in the news? Voice your opinion! Participate in on-line polls or write to our editor!
- News and Events
- -- Has something significant happened to you or are you affiliated with an organization that is hosting a disability event and want to get the word out? Post your disability news or events!
- Disabled Veteran Support
-- Benefit Assistance, Support Groups, Family Support
- Caregiver Support
- -- Share caregiver outlooks, ideas and support!
- -- Post disability items to sell or look for used items to buy!
- Independent Living Self-Help Desk
- -- Post Independent Living questions, learn how to research on the Internet.
- Computer Help Desk
- -- Post questions about using your computer.
- Support Groups - Disability Specific
- -- Post disability questions and concerns or share solutions to common issues related directly to your specific disability!
Cannot decide on which board to post your message?
Do not worry! Post your message on the Get Started! - Share What's on Your Mind forum. If we feel your post will do better under another, we will move your message to the appropriate board.
Before you post a message, have you checked our website for information and referral?
- Check out our home page categories and information on our site at http://www.new-horizons.org.
- Search our site by topic, category or subject by looking on the NHU Site Plan.
- Visit FAQ on our site. Someone else may have asked the same question. Our FAQ section offers very specific information on many topics.
See side panel for more on the topic of the NHU Community Forum:
Go now to the
Disclaimer: All material provided in the NHU Community Forum is provided for educational or entertainment purposes only.