Author Topic: July 2020 - The 30th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)...  (Read 28 times)

NHU Community Friend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • New Horizons Un-Limited
    • Email
The 30th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) has the theme of Celebrate, Learn, Share for this year's July 2020 celebration of the ADA. For someone who is disabled, who wants to work and can work, but cannot find work, the ADA can seem to ring hollow without anything to back it up.

Everyone loves a great holiday or weekend getaway to get together with family and friends. The main reason for someone with a disability may not celebrate for the same reason is that most likely they cannot find work. People want to let loose after putting in a hard day, week, or month of work and have a good time with family or friends. There is nothing wrong with a celebration to relieve stress, but what about those who want and can work, but cannot find a job.

For those who cannot find work this year's celebration of the ADA seems to pale by comparison. There are those who realistically cannot work, but there are those who are disabled and want to work and can work. Who is willing to step forward and take the plunge of giving a disabled person a chance at working?

I know how hard it is to find work when you have a disability. Trying to get a part-time job doing something that involves writing, something I like and I am good at, is taking me years.

Questions still exist on the subject of work for persons with disabilities. The main question that waits to be answered is:

Will the current pandemic help the disabled find remote work from home opportunities?

Read more...here
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 06:16:14 PM by NHU Community Friend »
NHU Community Friend