|About Us | What's New? | Site Plan | Donate | Contact Us|
NEW HORIZONS UN-LIMITED
A grassroots, non-profit organization, supporting the positive personal journeys of our community citizens with disabilities, their families and caregivers since 1994.
|Connect with new-horizons.org|
Share YOUR Solutions | Advocacy | Donate | NHU Blog
Tweets by @newhorizonsmke
Special Education Series
More than the 3R's - Teach independence, self-esteem, resourcefulness, creativity, collaboration, and more!
For Parents and Teachers --
Written by a Parent and Teacher
Disability News Highlights!
- Inspector General Warns Public About Caller ID “Spoofing” of Social Security Fraud Hotline Phone Number
- NHU asks are the USA reports on hospitals and high severe maternal morbidity and injury rates also affecting the infants involved? Are you expecting? How can you choose your doctor and hospital?
- May 2019 - Judith E. Heumann is a lifelong advocate for the rights of people with disabilities and an internationally recognized civil rights leader
- ABLE Accounts and how to start one.
- Register Now for June 5, 2019 Our 16th Annual New Horizons Un-Limited Benefit Golf Outing!
- Update of the Accessible Nature Explore Classroom - Bong State Recreation Area! Tentatively opens August 2019!
- May 2019 - Victory Garden - Milwaukee - will build a four by eight foot raised garden bed at reduced price program for certain neighborhoods in Milwaukee.
- Thanks to Everyone! who participated in our 17th Annual NHU Benefit Raffle and Silent Auction, March, 2019 at the US Bank Center, Milwaukee, WI - Check out our Raffle Donor Appreciation
- Milwaukee Ballet will once again in 2019 offer a sensory friendly Nutcracker Ballet performance.
- View the power point in pdf format, The Accessible Cabins of Wisconsin - 2018 by NHU and BStrom
- NHU is a Microsoft Certified Computer Refurbisher granting refurbished computers to people with physical disabilities in Southeastern, Wisconsin.
Advocacy News Highlights!
- Advocacy Alert! Tell your Members of Congress you support the Newborn Screening Saves Lives Reauthorization Act- save lives and prevent disabilities.
- Advocacy Alert! Disability Integration Act.org - Bipartisan support reintroduces community support act. Contact your U.S. Legislators to cosponsor!
- Advocacy Alert! Disability Integration Act.org - Wisconsin Congressman Sensenbrenner Reintroduces the Disability Integration Act. Contact your U.S. Legislators to cosponsor!
- Advocacy Alert! See Wisconsin Governor Ever's 2019-2021 proposed Budget and NHU's Budget Summary for disability issues and benefits important to YOU! Contact your Wisconsin Legislators Today!
- Advocacy Alert! Wisconsin Governor Evers has introduced an initiative in the budget that will improve Healthy Women and Healthy Babies! Contact your Wisconsin Legislators Today!
- Advocacy Alert! Wisconsin Governor Evers has introduced an initiative in the budget that will improve dental care for low income people in Wisconsin. Contact your Wisconsin Legislators Today!
Sign Up for
Alerts via E-mail!