|About Us | What's New? | Site Plan | Donate | Contact Us|
NEW HORIZONS UN-LIMITED
A grassroots, non-profit organization, supporting the positive personal journeys of our community citizens with disabilities, their families and caregivers since 1994.
|Connect with new-horizons.org|
Share YOUR Solutions | Advocacy | Donate | NHU Blog
Tweets by @newhorizonsmke
Special Education Series
More than the 3R's - Teach independence, self-esteem, resourcefulness, creativity, collaboration, and more!
For Parents and Teachers --
Written by a Parent and Teacher
Disability News Highlights!
- NHU asks are the USA reports on hospitals and high severe maternal morbidity and injury rates also affecting the infants involved? Are you expecting? How can you choose your doctor and hospital?
- NHU thanks Microsoft for their inclusion and respect of people with disabilities. Check out their Super Bowl Commercial 2019: "We All Win," announcing Microsoft's new XBox Adaptive Controller!
- ABLE Accounts and how to start one.
- Justin Gallegos, First Athlete with Cerebral Palsy to Sign with Nike
- Tommy Adaptive is a new clothing line from Tommy Hilfiger clothing. Made for Men, Women, Boys and Girls to make dressing easier.
- 17th Annual NHU Benefit Raffle and Silent Auction March 27 & 28, 2019, US Bank Center, Milwaukee, WI- Our 16th Annual New Horizons Un-Limited Benefit Golf Outing Information- Save the Date! Register Now for June 5, 2019
- Milwaukee Ballet will once again in 2019 offer a sensory friendly Nutcracker Ballet performance.
- Wisconsin State Parks will begin accepting Accessible Cabin reservations on January 10, for the 2019 camping season.- View the power point in pdf format, The Accessible Cabins of Wisconsin - 2018 by NHU and BStrom
- NHU is a Microsoft Certified Computer Refurbisher granting refurbished computers to people with physical disabilities in Southeastern, Wisconsin.
Advocacy News Highlights!
- Tribute to President George H.W. Bush who in 1990 signed the ADA into Law
- Advocacy Alert! See Wisconsin Governor Ever's 2019-2021 proposed Budget and NHU's Budget Summary for disability issues and benefits important to YOU! Contact your Wisconsin Legislators Today!
- Advocacy Alert! Wisconsin Governor Evers has introduced an initiative in the budget that will improve Healthy Women and Healthy Babies! Contact your Wisconsin Legislators Today!
- Advocacy Alert! Wisconsin Governor Evers has introduced an initiative in the budget that will improve dental care for low income people in Wisconsin. Contact your Wisconsin Legislators Today!
- Did you vote Nov. 6th? Fill out the Voter Experience Survey from Disability Rights Wisconsin
Sign Up for
Alerts via E-mail!