A scene of people with various disabilities gathered around a blue lake, enjoying their home, community, the out-of-doors, health, recreation, housing, transportation and education with an accessible path for them to a high mountain and large yellow sun on the horizon.  New Horizons Un-Limited Inc.

FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions


For a quick link to the FAQ of your choice on the topic of Education, click on the question below.

College or PostSecondary Education Rights and Responsibilities

College Support and Resources

IDEA (Individualized Education Program

State Specific Questions


College or PostSecondary Education Rights and Responsibilities

Q: I am a student with a disability leaving high school and entering postsecondary education. Will I see differences in my rights and how they are addressed?

College Support and Resources

New sign Q: How can I tell if a college will assist with the accommodations I need as a student with disabilities and the support needed to attend on a daily basis?

Q: How can a Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) agency assist a person with a disability who is interested in attending college?

Q: Where can I find information on low-interest loans, scholarship and / or grants available to college students with disabilities?

Q: I would like to go to college but with limited mobility, I will have a difficult time attending classes on-campus. How can I find information on programs that allow students to learn or earn a degree from their home?

Q:Which colleges and universities offer the best programs and services for students with disabilities?

IDEA (Individualized Education Program

Q: Where can I find information for my child on IDEA and communicating with the school?

State Listings


Q: How can I receive information regarding Wisconsin schools with inclusion programs?

Q: I am over 55 years of age, physically disabled, live in the State of Wisconsin and I would like to re-train for a job in computers that I may work from home. Unfortunately I came very close to, but I did not finish high school. How can I acquire a High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED) in the State of Wisconsin?

For more on the topic of Education:

Community and Internet Resources / Guides / News Publications and Media / Books / NHU Community Forum - Education

If you have questions or ideas, information and solutions that you would like to share with us, contact us by e-mail at: horizons@new-horizons.org or to use our NHU E-Mail Form or NHU Community Forum, click on the links below.

Homepage icon Home  /  Disability News  /  NHU Quarterly Newsletter
Share Your Knowledge!  /  NHU Community Forum  /  Contact Us
About NHU  /  Donate  /  What's New?  /  Site Plan

© Copyright 2003-2016 New Horizons Un-Limited Inc.
[Updated May 31, 2016]
NHU has no liability for content or goods on the Internet.