Author Topic: How is knitting/crocheting therapeutic to me?  (Read 1358 times)

Arleney1008

• View Profile
How is knitting/crocheting therapeutic to me?
« on: September 08, 2016, 09:39:58 AM »
How is knitting/crocheting therapeutic to me?  Let me tell you about it. I have been knitting and crocheting since
i was 11 years old.  My grandma taught me to do both.  i enjoy doing both.
I enjoy making different things like Hats scarves, mittens, baby blankets afghans, slippers and tube socks.  i have

a feeling of accomplishment when I finish a project and make them as gifts.  It is fun to make them as gifts.  It is

a great uplifting experience when people enjoy my talent.
My family encourage me to keep going and continue knitting to possibly start a business.  I do get commissions

from time to time to make them for money.

Knitting is a venue to give back to my community.  I go to a social group at a church  to knit and crochet. We

make prayer shawls, baby blankets, baby hats and baby booties as well as scarves and mittens.

I volunteer by knitting for my local hospital, by making hats, scarves, shawls, baby blankets and stuffed toys in

return for hours.

Yearly, our church has a Holiday Bazaar and make various things to silent auction off, to sell from making preserves, to

making blankets, hangers, dishcloths, and potholders. The proceeds goes towards missions.

Please reply with different things you do with all different crafts that you do and the experiences you have had in making them.