Author Topic: December 2015 - This will be our reply to violence...  (Read 1366 times)

NHU Community Friend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • New Horizons Un-Limited
    • Email
December 2015 - This will be our reply to violence...
« on: December 22, 2015, 09:10:51 AM »
"This will be our reply to violence:  to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before." --
Leonard Berstein (1918-1990), conductor, composer, pianist, broadcaster, humanitarian.

Leonard Bernsteing reacted to the violence and wars of our world with this statement.  He believed the consolation to life's
violence and wars was art, love and the hope for peace.

In reaction to the violence, remember there are many beautiful events in our world and they are available everyday in your own home, family and community.

Are you involved with the arts-music, art, poetry, writing, or dance?  Do you play an instrument, draw, paint, write or dance?
Do you surround yourself with the love of family and friends?
Are you involved with organizations that promote peace or educate children or adults in peaceful resolution?

As people of all abilities we can participate in these activities, from the very simple to the most complicated.  We can carry everything beautiful and the spirit of great kindness to the next level.

Our Wish to You this Holiday and for the New Year is to seek out and focus on these resolutions!!

May Peace Be With You and May Love and Hope Be Yours This Holiday and Always!

NHU Community Friend

Arleney1008

• View Profile
Re: December 2015 - This will be our reply to violence...
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 07:39:06 AM »
 :) 8) ;D
Hello, my creativity of the arts are being in the choir at my church and my doing crafts, like knitting and crocheting.   I knit hats, scarves, blankets and give them as gifts.  Sometimes I do it on commission as well. For several years, I would make baby blankets for NHU to silent auction off for their charity event.  One year, I knitted a Packer blanket for them.  I feel a sense of awe that I can give back to the community by doing this and doing Volunteer work for the past 8 years. I pray that more people could do the same with their talents.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 07:42:39 AM by Arleney1008 »