Author Topic: Building awareness  (Read 217728 times)

NHU Community Friend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • New Horizons Un-Limited
    • Email
Building awareness
« on: December 21, 2004, 11:48:52 AM »
Welcome to the place to have an interactive and open forum for examining the stereotypes and misconceptions about people with disabilities.  We hope you will share ideas for building awareness in our communities.   :)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 08:42:19 AM by NHU Community Friend »
NHU Community Friend

Arthritis Awareness Wear

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Building awareness
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 07:30:57 PM »
Hi everyone!

My name is Nikki.  I was diagnosed with JRA at the age of 10 and OA just a couple months ago at age 29.  I've been through many struggles, as I'm sure you all know.  The ignorance was getting out of control and I just had to do something about it!  So, I created Arthritis Awareness Wear (AAW) to create awareness for ALL forms of arthritis.  I created the website - www.ArthritisAwarenessWear.com - and a gallery on Zazzle to sell arthritis awareness apparel and merchandise (there are links to the store all over the AAW website).  I also create custom wear (not just arthritis related), so send your requests directly to me at Nikki@ArthritisAwarenessWear.com

Please visit AAW today!

I hope to hear from you all soon!  I absolutely love feedback and I really appreciate questions.  The more questions I get, the more certain I am that the awareness is spreading!   ;D

Take care,

Nikki

www.ArthritisAwarenessWear.com

Arthritis Awareness Wear

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 04:20:23 PM »
I also have absent mal seizures, and just this past Sunday, I had a very violent grand mal seizure.  So, for those epileptics out there, I'm here for YOU, too!!  Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need support with arthritis OR epilepsy.  I absolutely love to help others!  I have a contact page on my website...please contact me!

www.ArthritisAwarenessWear.com/contact_us

I look forward to hearing from any of you soon!!

Take care,
Nikki  :)

NHU Community Friend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 12:31:40 PM »
One of our community members sent this information to us:
A Guide to Autism Awareness Through Wristbands

Wristband Express is a company that sells wristbands,
however they offer a nice guide about Autism including links to many current Autism resources. 
They explain the puzzle logo for Autism Awareness that was first designed by the Autism Society. 
They hope that with increased awareness of autism, comes access to appropriate support and services,
allowing those with autism to lead full lives.
NHU Community Friend

NHU Community Friend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Building awareness - ADHD Awareness
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 12:49:17 PM »
ADHD Awareness is an organization that offers resources on ADHD awareness that can be printed and distributed all year long.  October is ADHD Awareness Month.
NHU Community Friend