Author Topic: Summer  (Read 2742 times)

Miss G

• View Profile
Summer
« on: May 10, 2011, 08:26:23 AM »
Hello Community Friends,

Just stopping by to share my thoughts about summer and what summer means to me. While I know it is not quite summer spring is here and summer is coming soon. The weather does not express the feeling of spring and that summer is near. The activities of spring and summer are still at hand.

The ending of spring means the end of another semester of school and the preparation of finals and exams. Having procrastinated up into this point in the school year makes finals week that much more difficult.

Moving into summer is a great feeling when summer school is not in the equation, but there is still the duty of preparing for the fall semester. I like to keep school fresh in my mind. Reading, completing research on a variety of topics, and visiting school websites helps keep me enthused and prepared for yet another year or semester of school.

For many people attending a traditional school is not quite an option. Sometimes not attending a traditional school is simply due to not having a firm working knowledge. Not having a high school diploma or GED can be an example of not having a firm working knowledge. If that is indeed the case there are programs that can help you grasp the foundation of achieving a high school diploma or GED.

Research local literacy programs in your area to find an agency closest to you. In the Milwaukee area there is Literacy Services of Wisconsin http://www.literacyservices.org/programs/index.html whose services include Adult Education, GED Preparation, Functional Literacy, as well as other programs and services.

Wow, I am now wondering is that all summer means to me, preparing for another year of school.  ???I suppose in a sense it does. Education and gainful employment is very important to me as it should be to all of us.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to sharing again.
Miss G