Author Topic: Personal Experience - Homeowner assistance  (Read 5082 times)

NHU Community Friend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • New Horizons Un-Limited
    • Email
Personal Experience - Homeowner assistance
« on: December 27, 2006, 10:14:17 AM »
Personal Experience:    My desire is to become a homeowner. For several years I have been saving funds for a home purchase. Since I receive SSI, saving has been slow going. But inspite of it, I have accomplished my savings goal and made sure my credit was clean and with a decent FICA score.

I took a class at the neighborhood housing organization that issues certificates that allow low to moderate income individuals and families to participate in a program to assist in purchasing a home. I was told that individuals with a disablity and low income can also benifit from the program.

I followed the rules, completed all that was required and was told that my SSI income will not be enough. I'm trying to find another way to get assistence. Does anyone know of a program that would welcome my circumstances?  ---Marr, California

Please post any assistance or send e-mail to horizons@new-horizons.org
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 10:15:41 AM by NHU Community Friend »
NHU Community Friend

NHU Community Friend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • New Horizons Un-Limited
    • Email
Re:Personal Experience - Homeowner assistance
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 10:29:59 AM »
To Marr from California,

Please check out our New Horizons Un-Limited FAQ Housing page on more ideas to find local assistance and programs for buying a home of your own at http://www.new-horizons.org/faghou.html#financial
NHU Community Friend